If you don’t think that you need professional movers, think again. There are several items in your home that are more difficult to move than what most people realize! The problem arises when they think that they can do this on their own. When this is the case it may result in the item being left behind, the item becoming broken or in the worst-case scenario, you become injured trying to move something that is meant to be moved by professionals. So, what are those items that are hard to move? We have the top two items that are usually harder to move than most people realize!
Plants: Small in Size, But Fragile to Move
Did you know that plants are hard to move? Most people don’t really think about. However, plants are very susceptible to the changing temperature, which is why these are on the list of hardest things to move. While you can move them, it will take a bit more preparation. For example:
- Transfer these to lighter pots a few weeks before the move to ensure they are not too heavy to lift
- Arrange to have these transported in your personal vehicle
- Monitor the temperature in your personal vehicle and ensure the plant is not shifted in a way that will break or damage it in any way
Pianos: Best Left to Professional Movers
Pianos are something that no one wants to move! They are heavy and so fragile for something that has so much weight behind it! Many people tend to leave behind their pianos, especially if they are older. However, if you love your piano, then your only option is to have a professional help with this. What will the professional do? This really spends on the piano and the size. However, some of the things that have been done in the past include:
- Removing the legs and lid to make moving easier in pieces
- Wrap the entire piano in pads and plastic wrap to ensure no scratches happen
- Utilize 4 to 5 people to easily move this from one location to the next
While plants and pianos are not the only difficult thing to move, they are often something that do require a little prior planning. For those who have these items in their home, talk with us before your move to see how we can help!