Moving in general can be stressful. Moving during coronavirus can feel even worse! At Excel Moving & Storage we are taking the pandemic situation very seriously and are committed to protecting our customers and moving teams. Here are 10 safety tips for moving at this time.
- Choose safe movers – most moving companies are practicing social distancing and sanitizing. Check with your moving company to make sure that they are.
- Get a virtual move quote– many moving companies have started using virtual moving technology to prevent unnecessary contact.
- Check about a rescheduling policy – if anyone in your home should fall ill, you will want to know that you won’t get a fee for needing to reschedule.
- Clean & disinfect– sanitize your home as you are packing. Be sure to clean door knobs and countertops on moving day.
- Don’t shake, smile– avoid physical contact of any sort.
- Social distance– maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from your moving crew at all times.
- Offer a handwashing station – giving movers access to a sink and soap will limit the spread of germs.
- Wear a mask– masks offer an extra layer of protection if you need to be around other people.
- Sanitize your new home – before unpacking, make sure to clean off surfaces from whoever may have been there before you.
- Don’t stress – this may be a strange time for all of us, but communication and cooperation will make moving day go by more smoothly.
Contact Excel Moving & Storage with any questions or safety concerns that may arise.