When a business move is near, it can be difficult to know where to start. There are a number of items that need to be checked off of your list before the move happens. For example:
- Informing clients of a new location
- Making changes to the online profile for the company including all social media pages
- Making announcements via social media about this move
- Packing up the office
- Informing employees of their new locations after the move
All the while, you may still be doing business. The stress of this can be outrageous! In fact, many business owners do not realize just how stressful this move can be. The good news: there is help and advice that can get you through this transition.
Have a Timeline for Every Business Move
For every business move, you need to have a timeline. This timeline is going to keep you on schedule and will help to decrease the stress slightly. An example timeline could be:
- 2 weeks before moving offices, let customers know
- Announce the upcoming move on social media two to three weeks from the date
- As the date grows closer, keep announcing this move so it reaches the maximum number of people
- One week before the move, all employees need to be packing their items
- Stop doing business at that location two days before the moving company comes to help, this way you have two solid days of no interruptions
Ask for Help
Always be aware that there is help for a business move. And many businesses find it is better to call in the professionals to help with the move rather than having their office staff tackle this on their own. Excel Moving can offer tons of help for any move, whether this is business or residential. A few other ideas that have worked for businesses in the past:
- Have interns for the business help with packing.
- Hire one time employees to help with the move, as there is the packing of this office, as well as getting unpacked at your new business location.
Remember, a business move does not have to be something you dread. You can make this move one that is going to be a positive experience and best for your business! To get better prepared for your business move, be sure to check out packing tips and talk with professionals, as there is always advice to be found.