More than one-in-ten Americans will move their primary residence in any given year. Both the Triangle area (Raleigh, Cary, Durham and Chapel Hill) and the Triad area (Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point and Burlington) see more than their share of people coming and going. But how people choose to move varies, and millions of people still attempt this momentous task themselves. Here are seven reasons you should think twice and instead leave the moving to professionals.
- Safety: Probably the most important reason to trust the job to experts is the safety of you, your loved ones, and your precious belongings. Moving large items like pianos, beds, cabinets, desks and even just boxes of books can be tough on the body. It is not at all uncommon for people to injure themselves from straining muscles or ligaments or even dropping heavy items while trying to maneuver stairs or corners.
- Equipment: Even if everyone stays injury free, not having the right equipment can make the job a LOT harder. Moving professionals are trained in how to use straps, dollies and other simple mechanisms that can make a big difference and increase efficiencies to get you settled and comfortable in your new home in no time.
- Insurance: Another benefit of using a moving company is that they provide insurance for the items being moved. If you do it yourself, or rely on friends, dropping a television or an expensive vase is a total loss. Those with a lot of valuable or expensive items should consider this risk when deciding how to move.
- Relationships: Your friends would LOVE to help you move, right? Maybe, but it is a lot to ask in exchange for a beer and a couple of slices of pizza. Picking up someone else’s heavy and not-always-organized belongings for hours isn’t always as attractive a proposition as it sounds and you never know when someone may flake out at the last second, making the task even larger than it was to start with.
- Maximizing truck space: Strategizing the perfect arrangement of boxes, furniture, and other items may sound like a sinch, but it takes a little skill. Professional movers have a method to the madness that can save space (which saves money) and will ensure the items are safely packed for the drive.
- Convenience: Arranging a day of volunteers to help move you from one place to another is anything but convenient. If you’ve ever had a professional moving company take charge of this job, you know what a difference it makes. You can watch, direct traffic, give some instructions but also realize that it’s all under control.
- Stress reduction: Let’s face it; moving can be a stressful time. You are trying to deal with dozens of details relating to your new home. You likely have a new job, a new residence and maybe an entirely new city to adjust to. Taking something this size off your plate can be a big help towards relieving a few of these anxieties.
Let Excel Moving and Storage help!
If you are moving to or away from the Triad or Triangle areas of North Carolina, you’ll want to hire an experienced moving company. Excel has been operating in this state since 1997 and is an Allied Van Lines agent. Those in the Triangle should call our Raleigh office at 919-213-6694, and Triad customers can call 336-939-6450 for our Greensboro office.