The spring move season this year was slower than most. The threat of COVID-19 shut down many parts of the country and in many cases drove business to a halt. Many moving customers put their moving plans on pause for fear of contracting the coronavirus. Now with many parts of the country beginning to open back up, people are thinking about relocating once again. Planning a summer move? Here are some tips to help you prepare.
- Call around: contact multiple moving companies to get the best rate and quality.
- Ask your mover about their COVID action plan: some moving companies are taking safety precautions more seriously than others. Ask your movers what they are doing to keep their team and customers safe on the job.
- Organize: moving is so much easier if you plan ahead and tackle packing little by little.
- Monitor your health: if you or anybody else in your household should fall ill, contact your moving company immediately to reschedule.
- Have fun: nobody likes stress! Moving is an exciting time, don’t let yourself feel worried and look forward to your new home.
If you’re planning a summer move, Excel Moving & Storage can be of service. We hope that you have found these tips helpful. Feel free to call us with any questions or concerns that you may have.