Consisting of cities of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill in North Carolina, the Triangle, as it’s called, is home to some of the nation’s top resources for innovation, education, entertainment, and living. With a population of over 2.2 million people, the Triangle is booming with diversity and culture. Before you make your move to one of the premier hubs of the Southeast, get to know your new home with this handy relocation guide.
The cultural make-up of residents in the Triangle provides a unique living experience for new homeowners. As a transplant to the area or someone who is returning home, if you’re looking to explore something new, the demographics of the Triangle allow for numerous options in food, music, entertainment, and more.
Race and Ethnicity:
- White: 59%
- Black: 22%
- Hispanic: 11%
- Asian: 5%
- Native: 0.3%
- Two Plus: 2.9%
Age: The median age is 37.1
Economics: The median household income is $68,173
Education: 91% of residents have a high school diploma or higher
Language: 16% of households speak more than English
Veterans: 6.8% of residents are veterans.
The Triangle is home to some of the nations most prestigious universities, including:
- North Carolina State University
- UNC Chapel Hill
- Duke University
- North Carolina Central University
- Campbell University
- Meredith College
- Shaw University
From sports to music to food and drinks, it’s nearly impossible to be bored in the Triangle. This region is quickly becoming known for its delectable food scene and is well known for its successful collegiate sports programs and high-class concert venues.
- Triangle residents are blessed to witness one of the greatest college basketball rivalries every year. Be sure to check out UNC vs Duke at one of the legendary basketball centers at the Dean Dome or Cameron Indoor Stadium.
- For the state’s best tailgating, make your way down to Carter Finley Stadium this fall and cheer on the NC State Wolfpack.
- To witness a thriving professional hockey team, PNC Arena in Raleigh is home to the Carolina Hurricanes.
- The Durham Bulls Athletic Park is home to the famous Durham Bulls. We highly recommend checking out this one-of-a-kind experience.
- North Carolina FC and the North Carolina Courage are the state’s MLS teams. Come down to Raleigh and support these professional soccer teams.
Music: Listed are the Triangle’s most popular music venues.
- Motorco Music Hall
- Rhythms Live Music Hall
- Chapel Hill/Carrboro
- Cats Cradle
- Local 506
- The Cave
- Coastal Credit Union Music Park
- Red Hat Amphitheater
- The Ritz
- Lincoln Theater
History: The Triangle has countless museums that satisfy and entertain all ages.
- Museum of Life and Sciences
- Nasher Museum of Art
- Kidzu Children’s Museum
- Chapel Hill
- Morehead Planetarium and Science Center
- Ackland Art Museum
- Carolina Basketball Museum
- North Carolina Museum of Art
- North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
- Marbles Kids Museum
Allow Excel Moving and Storage to Carry out Your Move
The Triangle is a phenomenal living experience that treats new homeowners in North Carolina to a variety of benefits and amenities. The list we have created barely breaks the surface of the culture in the Triangle, but we’ll let you explore more on your own. Whether you are moving to North Carolina from another state, another country, or your if move is local, Excel Moving and Storage is ready to assist you today. To learn about our moving services, give us a call at 919-213-6694.