What is your priority list when you move into a new home? There are several things that are often forgotten or left for a later date, and then almost always forgotten altogether. In an effort to help you become more organized for your move, we have developed a priority list that we think could help ensure that during a move you are dotting all the ‘I’s’ and cross the ‘T’s’.
So, what should your Moving Priority List contain? This is going to differ from person to person, but we have a few major items to include!
- Declutter Time! Be sure that you schedule enough time to declutter your home before the move. Trust us, the more you declutter, the happier you are going to be. It makes no sense to move tons of boxes that you are never going to open!
- Important updates and paperwork. Take time before the move, or right after, whichever works best for you for all those important updates and paperwork. This includes a change of address, getting new doctors that are in your area, getting kids registered for a new school, changing your address with magazines and the like. This is going to be time-consuming, but is simply something that must be done.
- Are there projects for your new home that need to be done before move in time? This is becoming more common as people are finding more value in buying a cheaper home then renovating this to what they want. The key is to do this before you have your belongings in the home.
- Pack everything a few days before the movers are to arrive. This way you are not running around the day of the move trying to get everything put into boxes and labeled.
- Make arrangements for what you are going to do between the time that your items are in the moving truck to the time that they are moved into a new home. You can use this time to do those DIY projects in the new home or the like!
For those who are contemplating a move, remember that professional at Excel Moving & Storage are here for you. We can make a stressful move just a bit easier on you…and if there is any way to make a move easier, you need to take it!