Ironically, when someone attempts a DIY move in or out of the Triad or Triangle area, the reason they generally cite for not going with professional movers is money. They firmly believe that all they have to do is gather a bunch of friends together, throw things in a van or moving truck themselves and it will prevent a big moving bill.
Maybe you agree with them. Well, let me shock you with the fact that it often SAVES movers money if they had the professionals do it. Don’t believe it? Then read on.
How using professional movers saves you money
- Protecting valuables — Does your brother’s roommate’s girlfriend care enough about that box marked “valuable,” or is she just going to carelessly toss it in the van and head back for the next box? Moving companies pack your possessions carefully and professionally like it’s their job (because it is). They are also insured while having the equipment and experience to ensure they probably will not need it.
- Avoiding damage to new or old residence — Not only do you want the safety deposit back on your old place, but you probably don’t want to smash up the new home too bad before you even move in. Putting a hole in the drywall, scraping up the paint on the front door, or any number of other problems, happen far more than you would guess. When amateurs haul large and awkwardly-sized possessions in and out of narrow spaces, things happen.No need to make your home repair list longer than necessary before you’re there more than a day.
- Avoiding social debt — Pizza, beer, and soda aren’t the only debt you’ll owe your friends. You often will now be on the hook for helping them move, or maybe another big “favor.” In fact, having six friends come over to help you move may mean that you are now obligated to move six times rather than once. Is that savings? Time is money and, if this is you, you just lost a lot of both.
- Preventing injuries — If you can avoid doctor bills at any point in your life, do. Some of the most painful and enduring injuries people suffer are related to back and joint pain. Lifting heavy boxes and furniture with improper equipment, training, strength or assistance can lead to these injuries. Dropping bulky items onto yourself or others is also a risk. If you are responsible for someone else’s serious injury, this can lead to not only strained relationships and feelings of guilt but also a financial liability to pay their bills.
- More efficient use of truck space — I’m sure you’re great at Tetris, but strategizing how to best fill a large area with a house full of possessions is a skill. Some best practices and techniques are only learned through training and experience. Ignorance of these techniques will likely cause you to use much, much more space than necessary. More area requires a bigger truck. A bigger truck costs more money.
Save money, time and stress by using a professional Triangle mover like Excel
We could go on, but hopefully, you’ve seen the light. Not only does leaving the moving work to the professionals save you time, stress and back pain, but it also saves you the one thing you were trying to keep in the first place — money.
Excel Moving is an experienced, professional moving company that serves both the Triad and the Triangle regions. Whether you’re coming or going from Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary, Morrisville, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Burlington, High Point or any of the surrounding areas, you can rely on us for a smooth, stress-free, affordable moving day. Triangle area customers call 919-213-6694 and call 336-939-6450 for the Triad office.