Are you getting ready to move your home or business? If so, one of the many decisions that you’ll have to make in the coming months is how to choose the best and most reliable storage and moving company. But with so many companies to choose from, how do you make an informed decision? Here at Excel, we have compiled a list of helpful hints to assist you in your decision-making process.
Locating a Storage & Moving Company
- Search locally – start by looking for companies in your current town, city, or area. Doing so will likely prevent the mishap of accidentally hiring a fraudulent company. Fake moving companies often operate online. Choosing a local company will allow you to thoroughly investigate their authenticity.
- Verify contact info and credentials – all reputable moving companies will have proper licensing and contact information. Check the Better Business Bureau and make sure that your moving company of choice is accredited.
- Get up to three estimates – getting more than one estimate is helpful for the decision-making process. Every final estimate should be conducted in person, not over-the-phone or via email. Be skeptical of unusually low estimates.
- Don’t fall for a deposit scam – many moving companies won’t ask for a payment until moving day. Some require a small deposit of around 20%.
- Read Reviews – this is the best way to judge the authenticity and reliability of a moving company. Many companies will list reviews on their website, or you can look on google, facebook, or yelp.
We hope that these tips will help you make your decision! And for all of your moving and storage needs, contact Excel MS!